Saturday 7 May 2011

NEVER ENDING WAIT

     CRACKLE CRACKLE.  The dried leaves below my foot filled the empty silence with a sharp sound.  I walked looking around; there were trees on the both sides of the pavement.  The leaves on the trees were fresh and green, but those on ground were dried and brown.  Is it they fall after they get dry or are dried because they fell down I wondered. I kept walking.
     I walked on the stairs and reached the corridor.  It was deserted and I was alone.  I saw the rays lit up the corridor. I emerged from the dark and stepped in the light.  The rays were warm like usual morning rays.  But they could only lend it on half of my face; the other half was cold. the difference of temperature of my face resembled my heart's situation. On the one side, I was anxiously waiting for my beloved.  On the other side I was happy in this solitude which reminded me of the times when I walked hand in hand with her.  One side I was praying for my girl to arrive soon, but secretly, on the other side, I was hoping that she shouldn't come that very moment - afraid, I might have to break the chain of my memories.
     I saw a hazy figure, through between the trees.  My heart pounced I looked at it, carefully.  But I soon realized that it was just an illusion made out of swaying leaves.  I laughed at my stupidity.  I heard foot steps, I walked towards them.  I saw someone walking towards me.  I stood staring.  The person came closer - more closer she came the more sure I was that isn't the one I was waiting for.  She smiled at me and left.  I looked at my watch, it was past the time we decided to meet.
     Soon there were other people walking across and around me.  But the one I was looking for was nowhere to see.  The sun ascended and the rays intensified proportionally.  I fixed my eyes on the way from where she was expected to come.  'My patience will bear a sweet fruit!' I said to myself.  I waited and waited.  Even the sun got tired and its intensity abated.  'My fruit's getting sweeter by every passing minute!' I laughed to myself.
     People around me were decreasing but I stayed there, gazing at her path and thereby imagining my fruit - the fruit of her sweet kisses! Soon the sun's journey towards the end of land was coming to an end.  The gleam became dull but my hope was as bright as ever.  The sun dipped soon and with it my hopes for that day.
     I was walking back through the same path.  I saw the leaves and said to my self  'If your hopes dip down, you'll be crushed like these dried leaves.'
     'Tomorrow,' I thought.  'I shall come again.' and left. 

2 comments:

WriteUp Cafe - Together we Write Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs