Friday 12 December 2014

Your Wedding Invitation and Scars of Love!

As I saw you walking towards me, all the moments we spent together - right from the first time I saw you in that black dress to the first kiss - flashed in my mind. I was looking at you trying to avoid any eye-contact. I waved at you like the first time we met; you chose to give a humble smile and continued to walk, as I followed you.


It seemed different walking with you, I was never used to your silence - never wanted to get used to it. As we walked from the parking lot, my ears were longing to hear you speak, to hear you blabber, like you did the last time we came here - your words filling my existence, hands slipping into mine and eyes looking through my soul. I looked at you, you were calm as moon, while my whole being was at unrest like the waves in ocean.


In those 232 seconds of walk, I looked at you 200 times, I stumbled four times, but you looked at me 0 times. I opened the door of the restaurant for you. Thank you, you said below your breath, that was the first time you talked to me in weeks, after my repeated requests to meet you. You replied after my 50 messages with address of the place and time of meeting.




You brought out a cream-colored invitation card and passed it on to me. I held it carefully, despite knowing it was something I want to destroy. I gave a fake smile and read your name on your wedding card. I liked the font and the way letter S was stretched to link it with the groom’s name. You were seated quietly, while my emotions were in chaos watching my world, my universe slipping out of my life and I’m helplessly trying to hold back the fading fleck.


I laughed, remembering that it was the same place where you placed your head on my shoulder and filled the gap of my fingers, saying, ‘I want to marry you, only you!’ ‘I promise,’ I said that day. I’m sorry.


I looked at you to check if the same thought crossed your mind. You looked at me, straight into my eyes, after what felt like ages. My eyes brimmed, blurring the vision.
‘Bye,’ you said and started walking towards the door. I stood there holding your wedding invitation and the scars you left on my soul!











*Image Courtesy: Transcending Oblivion

No comments:

Post a Comment

WriteUp Cafe - Together we Write Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs