Sunday 14 December 2014

Open Letter To Every Newly Married Friend!

It was one of the happiest days of my life. Seeing you as a bride and more importantly, a happy one, would be a memory I will cherish throughout my life. Whenever you looked at your better half, I could see the love and trust needed in such a special relationship. You've finally found that special person, or may be, he found you, or even better, you both found each other.

However, I couldn't help but say that this day has also made me realize that it's time for me to take a small step back. It's time for your better half to fill the space that I had occupied. Although, it makes me feel insecure, I genuinely understand, accept and want him to take that place of best friend in your life.

                                                                     


But, I want to make some promises from the depth of my heart.

I promise, I'll be patient and wait to wish you birthday after he wishes you first and will step back when you have a dilemma of whom to offer the first piece of cake. I'll understand when you reveal that big news to him first and then to me. I'll accept the priorities of your life when you give my birthday a miss to celebrate his big day. I'll not mind when you share the drink with him, like we did.

I'll understand when you, liberately or deliberately, hide things from me, just because you don't feel like disclosing your inside jokes. I'll not mind when you say, 'you'll not understand' when you share your marriage problems. I'll always be on your side, whenever you need me. I'll be content being second on your emergency dial list. I'll not complain when you postpone our plans of doing things together for your family commitments. I'll still be happy if you spare time to call me on my birthday and talk heartily.

And here are the list of promises, I seek from you. 

That you'll, atleast, read the messages I send you. Share your problems, even if you feel I'll not understand them. Never apologize to cancel or postpone our meetings for your family. That you'll never let the memories you have of me fade away from your mind. And, finally, wish me on my birthday in person or through a telephone call, but not in whatsapp or Facebook.

2 comments:

  1. Blogging is the new poetry. I find it wonderful and amazing in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

    ReplyDelete

WriteUp Cafe - Together we Write Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs