Thursday 12 June 2014

Letters for you: Your first message to me!

To someone who messaged me happiness

Your first message to me!

I know I’ve skipped a part here, but I had waited enough for this instance, to describe how I felt the moment I saw your name on my cell phone.

Oh, how can I – how can anyone – describe a moment so intimidating? How can anyone describe the moment when your heart-beats is the only sound you could hear?How can anyone describe an intense gush of feeling so strong that you fear it might destroy your soul?

I just sat looking at the notification, too happy to open the text; actually, too terrified of its contents.
                                                                           


All the same, I couldn’t stop myself for long from reading it.

“Beautifully drawn…appreciated J”

I read it. Re-read it. Re-read it. Re-read it. The more times I read, the more I realized how much I love you and I read it again. I never thought that a message – three words – 27 letters – could give me so much happiness, which could last for so long – forever.

That one moment became such a treasure that I can trade my soul to revisit it.

Thank you for the message that gave me an example to understand the beauty of love, that gave me a reason to believe in love, that gave me hope to seek your love, which I did and which I will do for the rest of my life – in my merry and my dejection, in my joy and my solitude – thanking you for your first message to me.

Thank you for the message!

From someone who thanks you for that one message.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WriteUp Cafe - Together we Write Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs