Monday 2 June 2014

Letters for you: When I wanted to be close to you!

To someone I wanted to be close with,

Thank you, Google Maps!

There was a time when people looked at the moon, to convince themselves that they aren’t very far away from their loved ones; but now pining lovers use Google Maps to feel themselves closer to their special someone. At least I do!

I look at the vague image of your building that Google Maps offers and wondering what time you come up on to the terrace – probably evening I told myself. I imagined you strolling around in your loose white t-shirt, your hairs tied up and feet bare. Looking at the setting sun flaring its last rays for the day – subtle, yet bright and yes, the wind always knows the right time to make its presence felt.

                                                                         


I checked for the distance to your house from my place – 20km or 50 minutes, seven minutes more from my grandmother’s home and 20 minutes from the office. The Chocolate Room we always met at was 10 minutes from your house and its placement was nicely enveloped around by huge apartment buildings. Yes, it was this reason I always insisted on meeting there and not because I love Russian Paninos there.

I know it might come off as if I’m stalking you, but hell with it. I pray guilty as charged!

Love makes you do all the crazy things, which seem ingenious and necessary at that moment. But, the only crazy thing I was doing was dreaming, dreaming of being with you. Being a part of your life!


From someone who was always around

No comments:

Post a Comment

WriteUp Cafe - Together we Write Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs