Tuesday 15 May 2012

I just...fell for her...!! (part 5)

   'What the hell is she doing here?!' I said to myself.
   'You Sumeet, right?' she said, smiling a little more brightly than in the afternoon. I never thought these would be the first words I'll be hearing from her.
   It was Aishwarya!
   Yes, yes I'm Sumeet! I'm your Sumeet I wanted to shout, but could only manage to nod.
   'I won't disturb you,' she said again.
   I want you to disturb me I wanted to say, but this time my lips only broadened. What? Have you lost your power of speech? my heart chided.
   She sat a few feet away from me, on my right; her legs half stretched and hands curled around knees.She threw her hairs on her right, staring morosely at the sea. Her eyes brimmed with sadness. I didn't want to see her like this! She closed her eyes, fearing they might just drizzle, perhaps! A thin quiff, against her wish, swayed away from its peers; it teased her by touching her cheeks and brushing her lips occasionally. She looked like a beautiful painting with that dark blue background of the sky and sea with just a hint of difference in their shade. Her melancholic expressions added to the mystic of our surroundings.
   What is she thinking about? I thought About her boyfriend? More likely replied my heart. I don't really want her to love me. I can spend my whole life just looking at her and I would never complain! I told my heart. It had no reply.
   She opened her eyes and caught me staring at her, I smiled and she responded hesitatingly. 'Your friends must be wondering about you,' I said. She said something which was hushed by growling of sea.
   She moved a bit closer, 'They must be sleeping peacefully,' she replied, with a little laugh, 'but you must be thinking what am I doing here at this hour, na?' she added.

   'Do you read minds?' I said. She laughed. And then there was silence again(except for the roaring of the sea).
   'Its marvelous,' she mumbled a little louder.
   'I've never seen anything more beautiful,' I said looking at her. She was looking at the sea.
   'Its so..' she was looking for a word to complete her appraisal.
   'Serene,' I suggested.
   'Yeah,' she smiled gleefully.
         
                                                                     
   She looked at her feet, the water was touching them and ebbing away. It was amusing her and that fascinated me.
   'So you and Ami pretty close?' she asked.
   'This is the second time we've met actually,' I said with a little laugh, 'but we gelled quite well.'
   'Really?' she asked and looked eagerly at me.
   I nodded and went on to narrate our first meeting. She laughed hysterically. I was happy I could change her mood.
   'You seem to have a bad temper, should be careful with you,' she teased.
   'I was just disappointed about something,' I said, my head hung low in embarrassment.
   'So it was about a girl,' she said excitedly. I looked at her, surprised.
   'What?' she read my expressions, 'I read minds, you forgot?'
   'Ahan,' I exclaimed.
   'So, who's she?' she asked instantly, turning towards me; her eyes enthusiastic.
   Its you! I said without disturbing my lips. 'Someone I didn't know anything about,' I said stealing my  eyes away.
   'Now you know about her?'
   'Only that she has a boyfriend,' I said, my voice falling a tone lower.
   'You serious about her?' she asked sensing my dismay. I smiled assuringly.
   'You'll get her,' she said firmly.
   'Only if I deserve her,' I chipped in.
   'You do,' she said, 'I can see in your eyes how much you love her!'
   That moment, the way she was looking at me, I wanted to grab her in my arms and kiss her all night! But I held myself from doing anything crazy(you'll do all the crazy things that you can't explain came to my mind). She turned her gaze towards the sea.
   'And,' I said tentatively, 'you have a boyfriend?' She nodded, without looking at me.
   'I guess you are missing him,' I said. She didn't reply.
   I crossed the line I thought. 'Who cares?' she said after a long pause. She meant he definitely doesn't care if she misses him perhaps.
   'What are you listening to?' she was charged up, all of a sudden.
   'Bap Kennedy.' She made a question mark on her face. 'Irish singer,' I said, 'its an English song,' I added quickly.
   'Can I join?' she asked carefully.
   Hell yess!!! I wanted to jump in the air. 'Yeah, sure,' I said mildly, passing her right part of the earphone. She moved more closer; now she was just a few inches away from me. I played the song which replicated my situation. 

I can feel my heart and its fit to burst...
.....

wish I could fall on a night like this...
into your loving arms for a moonlight kiss...

.....
you got someone else...(felt a blow on my chest)
.....
I would trade it all...for a moonlight kiss....


Girl I would really trade my life, if not for a kiss, for a few more moments with you!! I thought looking at her.

 
The night's not over yet. Its going to be a long one, for sure...!!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

WriteUp Cafe - Together we Write Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs