Saturday 12 May 2012

I just...fell for her...!! (part 4)

   'She is...,' she said, my heart throbbing intensely, 'my friend,' I could feel the cool sweat on my feet,                'Aishwarya.' As if this slow motion was not enough, it now felt like everything has stopped for a moment. I looked at her. Is that really her? Man, she's so beautiful! Her face looked so fresh, like a morning flower! Is that really her? my heart asked again.
   Ami's voice broke my reverie. 'He's Sumeet and his friend Karthik,' she said. Aishwarya smiled feebly and walked away to join her friends. Her swift vanishment created some uneasiness.
   'Hey, remember,' said Ami catching up with same excitement, 'you owe me a cup, sorry, half a of coffee.'
   'How about today evening?' I suggested, not able to stop my self from stealing a glance at Aishwarya! Ami noticed it, but acted unaware.

   'Fine with me,' she responded with a smile.
   'OK then, see you at chocolate room at R.K. beach..'
   '5:30,' she completed my words before joining her friends.
   'Finally,' said Karthik after Ami left, 'you are smiling.'
   I was grinning actually!

   'When will you girls be leaving?' I asked, stirring whatever little left of my coffee. We were there for more than half an hour, talking about our past years and everything. She was a lively person always smiling radiantly.
   'Tomorrow evening,' she said looking into my eyes. I hid my dissapointment. 'And you?' she asked.
   'I don't know. May be a couple of days,' I shrugged.
   'Hey, I hope you didn't mind Aishwarya's elusiveness,' she said, 'she's out of mood these days.'
   I was dying to bring up her topic from the moment we have come here. 'And why is that so?' I asked. We bonded so well in last half an hour that I didn't hesitate to ask her that after she initiated.
   'Her relationship is not going well.'
   I sighed showing sympathy but inside I was bursting with happiness.

   'But don't worry they'll be back together. They make a picture perfect couple,' she said. And my heart was bursting again with rather opposite feeling this time! She was right though, they did make a picture perfect couple. But you don't fall into love to pose for a perfect picture! my heart protested you fall in love just to love.
   I gulped down the last sip of the coffee.

                                 

   'How was your coffee date with the coffee girl?' Karthik teased.
   'It wasn't a date.'
   'You thought Aishwarya would come with her, didn't you?' he asked laying on the bed.
   'No, I didn't,' I lied.
   'Don't tell me Sumeet,' he laughed.
   'They are leaving tomorrow,' I said slowly.
   'So?' he sat up, 'you have a link with her now.'
   'Ami doesn't know anything. I didn't tell her.'
   'May be your words didn't, but your eyes surely did,' he laid back.
   'What do you mean?'
   'She saw you eyeing Aishwarya all through the lunch,' he smiled impishly.
   'How was your interview?' I quickly changed the topic.
   'It was good. I have a final round tomorrow,' he said confidently.
   'O.K. I'm going to the beach,' I said picking up my iPod and cell phone.
   'Now?' he was visibly shocked. It was 10:15 p.m. I nodded.
   I might be late,' I said, 'don't wait for me. Good night.'
   It was all dark around; though the sea was roaring fiercely, yet it was calm. I sat on the sand, as close as I can without getting wet. Stretching my legs, I plugged in the earphones and closed my eyes. Upon pressing the play button, Bryan Adams started singing 'When you love someone' I smiled and the lyrics went on,
When you love someone 
you'll do anything
you'll do all the crazy things 
that you cant explain...
    I was creaming the sand with my right hand, when I sensed someone coming. I turned back and saw someone, a few feet away, walking towards me. I tried hard to recognize the person in the dark and my eyes widened themselves upon discovering who it is.
    'What the hell is she doing here?!'

1 comment:

WriteUp Cafe - Together we Write Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs