Monday 5 December 2011

Matter of hearts: Accept & Live with it....!!!

              'Screw me!! Why do I love her?' I heard my friend mumbling. I didn't respond. 'Why doesn't she love me?' he said again. His voice was choking. I looked at him this time-eyes half filled with tears and looking straight. I followed his eyes to see a girl, wearing a maroon salwar kameez, walking away from us; actually from his life!! But he was still stuck to her. And I was stuck to his question, 'What do I do now?'
               I watched a movie, named Mr Popper's penguins, few days ago in which a daughter asks her father the same question,'What do you do when you like someone and they don't like you back?'
               'So, its a universal problem!' I sighed. 'Isn't there any solution for this universal problem?' I asked myself.
                Yes, may be or may be no! Even I have no idea. I asked my friends this question and got some rather interesting answers.
The very first reply:
Play mind games. Trick her into your love. Make her realize that you love her truly with all your heart and can even die for her.
                 'Rubbish!!' shouted my heart. 'Do we really die if someone doesn't love us back?'  was the first question that hit me. NO! came the instant reply from inside of me. It may just pain us and make us feel like we're dying but we actually don't! Even if you can trick someone into your love, you have to keep doing that all your life; you have to deceive her everytime. If someone says that they love you only because you love them then its not worth it guys. Its better they don't love you; because it will end one day or the other. That feeling will be gone.
Reason: They just love you becoz you love them and not because their heart & soul  is saying them to. They are compromising but there shouldn't be any compromises in love!!
                                                 
 
                                                       

The second reply was:
Love someone else.
                   This usually comes from the practical guys. 'There's no dearth of girls,' they say. True! There may not be any dearth of girls, but there is of space in our hearts which can only hold one person!! It would've been much better if we could switch our feelings the way we want. May be then this 'no dearth of girls' statement would've made sense.
The third reply:
Wait for someone better.
                   'I wasn't talking about buying a new mobile, that you wait for a better model,' I wanted to say. But on a second thought I realized what the person was hinting at. If you love someone then there should be someone who loves you too. But the main question is would you be in a state of accepting their love?? Would you even take your mind off the one you love to think about someone who loves you??
I just wished if love obeyed Newton's III law-every action gives back equal reaction. Then every feeling of our heart would have been reciprocated, perhaps. Since its not the case lets come back to reality. As long as love doesn't follow any law or rule, we cannot find an answer to our universal question. All we can do is accept and live with the fact that the love we love doesn't love us back!! And how to do that? Well time and life are two cruel teachers guys. Time will drag you along, by your collar, mercilessly, and life will make you realize, each day, that the person is left behind. If you are lucky then one day you'll realize that their memories are buried deep down your heart with those couple of tears you shed.
                   Finally a quote from Chetan Bhagat's new novel: Its amazing to be in love only when the other person loves you back!!
                   So all you one-sided lovers we have no other option but to live with this not so amazing feeling and sing Why this kolaveri kolaveri kolaveri di....!!!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

WriteUp Cafe - Together we Write Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs