Tuesday 8 July 2014

Letters for you: The best Coffee I ever had!

To someone I had the best coffee with,

“Shall we meet?” I typed.

“When and where?” came your reply.

I smiled the happiest smile in my life.

It was a Friday, and you were looking gorgeous wearing a red colored chiffon shirt over black pants. I watched you walking all the way from the cafeteria door to the chair opposite me.

You smiled. I fell in love with you a little more.

You looked at the coffee cup that has been waiting for you to have a sip of. I watched you as your fair long fingers wrapped around the cup and picked it up to your lips, after which I could see only your eyes through the vapor rising from the coffee. It was the best coffee I ever had, and I guess you know why!

“So, how did you get my mail ID?”

“How wouldn’t I get?” I said with a boastful smile.

“Yea, how difficult that would’ve been for someone who traced my Facebook ID,” she said before taking one more sip. I wore a guilty expression.

We talked for 15 minutes and 30 seconds, including the time I walked you till your work station. Our first 15 minutes and 30 seconds together!

Although I already knew much of what you said, I felt closer to you listening that again from you.  Born and brought up in Vizag, you moved to Hyderabad for your graduation and got a job here. I still laugh at the way you said ‘and I ended up here with this job’. I made a vow at that very moment to make you feel like you’re at your hometown.

From someone who vowed to make you happy.






*Image courtesy of Shutterstock

No comments:

Post a Comment

WriteUp Cafe - Together we Write Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs